At Arnica Dental Care, every member of our experienced and highly qualified team is firmly focused on delivering exceptional care. We want you to be delighted with your dental experience, so if you do have any concerns, we take them extremely seriously.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your dental care, please let us know as soon as possible. We learn from any mistakes we make and use this knowledge to enhance the delivery of our services.
If you do complain, rest assured that we will treat you with respect and courtesy, and ensure the issue is resolved as swiftly as possible. Our empathetic approach means we always handle complaints with considerable care and sensitivity.
The complaints process
- If you make a complaint, it will be referred to our Practice Principal Dr Ellie Ledger, who is responsible for dealing with any concerns raised about the service we provide.
- If you complain on the telephone or in person, one of our reception team will listen carefully to your concerns and offer to refer you to our Practice Principal. If they are not available at that time, the reception team member will take brief details and arrange a mutually convenient meeting. If this meeting cannot be arranged within a reasonable amount of time, or you do not wish to delay discussing the matter, we will arrange for another member of staff to deal with your complaint.
- If you complain in writing or via email, your correspondence will be passed on immediately to the Practice Principal.
- If your complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or the amount charged for treatment, it will usually be referred to the relevant dentist, unless you request otherwise. If you do wish to discuss your complaint with the dentist, we will let you know when you can meet with them.
- We will provide a written response to your complaint within two days. If the complaint was made in writing, our written acknowledgement will include a copy of our Complaints Policy and this will also be sent within approximately two days.
- We will seek to investigate your complaint within ten working days from when it was first received. If we are unable to investigate your complaint within this period, we will let you know why there has been a delay and how long it is likely to take to complete.
- We will confirm the findings of our investigation and any decisions made about your complaint in writing.
- We keep detailed and accurate records of any complaint received and any action taken.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our procedure, you can refer your complaint to:
The Dental Complaints Service (for complaints about private treatment)
Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard, Croydon, CR0 6BA
Tel: 020 8253 0800 email: email@example.com
The General Dental Council (the dentists’ registration body)
37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ
Tel: 020 7167 6000 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Care Quality Commission
Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE14PA
Tel: 0300 061 6161 email: email@example.com