This page comprises key information for referral dentists referring patients to Arnica for dental implants
If you are a patient and would like information about dental implant procedures at Arnica Dental Care please see our Dental Implants page.
Benefits of dental implants to your patients
If your patient has missing or severely damaged teeth, dental implants may be the best option because they:
- Help to maintain natural bone by minimising further bone loss due to inactivity as bone is stimulated by being in contact with teeth (or an implant) being used to chew
- Are less destructive to neighbouring teeth than other methods of replacing missing teeth, such as bridges, as healthy adjacent teeth do not require modification (e.g. grinding down)
- Improve dental hygiene as they are better fitting than bridges and therefore easier to clean
- Provide stability and comfort with no adjustment necessary after placement
- Are permanently fixed therefore they do not need to be removed at night or to be cleaned
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
Arnica has been successfully placing single and multiple dental implants and completing full mouth restorations including the revolutionary All-on-4 procedure since 2001.
- Our surgeons are highly skilled and experienced
- We only use high quality components
- We only use high quality materials
- Our referral procedure includes thorough diagnosis and excellent post operative support
- Implants are insured with Lamp Dental Insurance
- 4 year warranty on crown and bridgework
Comprehensive range of procedures:
As a Centre for Excellence we have the qualifications, skills and experience to offer a comprehensive range of procedures:
- Single dental implants
- Multiple dental implants and bridges
- All-on-4 dental implants
- All-on-4 with zygomatic dental implants
Complex surgical procedures:
- Sinus lifts
- Alveolar block grafts
- Soft tissue grafts
- Difficult extractions
- Root canal treatment
These treatments are often required prior to placing dental implants. For more information please refer to our ‘Referrals for Complex Surgical Treatment’ fact sheet.
Treatment with sedation
As Cheltenham’s Dental Sedation Centre we are the region’s leading dental sedation specialist using a range of sedation techniques to minimise discomfort and stress.
Single dental implants
Single dental implants offer advantages over fixed bridges because:
- They look like a natural tooth
- They often feel more like a natural tooth
- They function like a natural tooth
- Does not affect neighbouring teeth
- Cement used with fixed bridges can dissolve, giving way to bacteria, causing further decay and loss of more teeth
- Jawbone and gum kept healthy and intact
If your patient is missing several teeth in one area of the mouth, implant-supported bridges may be a better solution than fixed bridges or partial dentures for the same reasons as above.
All-on-4 dental implants
The All-on-4 procedure has revolutionised the lives of people with dentures because the replacement teeth are permanently fixed, look natural, feel natural and perform much like their original teeth.
The procedure, developed by Dr Paulo Malo at the Malo Clinic in Lisbon in the 1990s, works by placing two anterior implants vertically and two
posterior implants at an angle of up to 45 degrees to support a full arch bridge.
Dr Ledger has attended implant masterclasses given by Dr Paulo Malo.
Benefits to patients of All-On-4 dental implants
- Oral functionality fully restored
- Low cost compared with conventional methods
- High success rate
- Much faster than multiple implants
- Same day teeth are possible
- Avoids bone grafting, therefore better predictability
- Avoids nerve damage
- Utilises good quality bone at the front of mouth
- Addresses soft tissue loss
Zygomatic dental implants
Zygomatic implants are used with All-on-4 and involve anchoring longer than normal dental implants in the cheek bone when there is insufficient bone to use normal implants.
Benefits to patients of zygomatic implants
- All-on-4 procedure is now available to patients with severe bone loss
- The procedure is considerably less invasive than using normal dental implants as they do not require a traditional sinus lift or bone graft so the patient experiences less time in the chair and less discomfort and stress
- The whole procedure can be completed in one day and so far it has an almost 100% success rate
Teeth in a day
Dental implants are made of titanium to which bone tissue fuses to form a very strong bond. Although traditionally this can take up to six months, due to recent advances in technology and protocols Arnica can place dental implants capable of immediate function (use) in a day.