Arnica Dental Care is experienced at designing and manufacturing dental bridges using the very latest materials, technology and know-how to provide patients with perfect looking, feeling and performing dental bridges.
Dental Bridges – Key Facts
- Dental bridges are useful in restoring your natural appearance and can assist you in eating and speaking properly.
- Dental bridges are a system for supporting replacement teeth by healthy strong teeth either side.
- The replacement tooth, also known as the pontic, is fused between two porcelain crowns that are bonded to strong healthy teeth either side.
- Unlike traditional removable dentures, a dental bridge is permanent and if well cared for should last for 10 to 15 years.
- Crowns are usually made from porcelain with the replacement tooth being either ceramic or porcelain.
- A cantilever bridge may be used when there is only one suitable adjacent tooth.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Dental bridges will improve oral function including bite, chewing and speech. If gaps are not filled with replacement teeth then there is a risk of bone loss or ‘bone resorption’ which can also impact upon facial appearance.
- Dental bridges can stop teeth from drifting into gaps.
- Dental bridges are a relatively quick, easy and painless procedure.
3 Easy Steps to a New Dental Bridge
Step 1 – Examination
The first step to your new replacement teeth is an examination when we’ll be able to determine the best solution for your specific situation.
Step 2 – Preparation
Our experienced dentists will prepare your adjacent teeth for a dental bridge by reshaping it so that it can accommodate the crowns that anchor the replacement tooth.
Our dentist will then take an impression of the teeth and gums on either side of the gap. An impression is a ‘negative’ copy of your mouth which is made using a soft elastic material. Dental plaster is then poured into the impression which sets to form an accurate copy or ‘model’ of your mouth. After the model is made, we will send it to one of our acclaimed dental technicians who will manufacture the bridge to our exacting standards.
If required, we can prepare a temporary dental bridge for you to use while the final one is being made.
Step 3 – Placing the dental bridge
We’ll contact you when your dental bridge is ready to be fitted.
Firstly we will ensure that the dental bridge fits properly. Our state-of-the-art process for manufacturing ensures a perfect fit with little or no modification. Our dental surgeon will then proceed to bond the anchor crowns onto the prepared teeth either side.